The Import Inventory In Bulk feature includes two steps: Adding items in bulk and then getting them ready for sale. Below we explain how this can be done:
If you would like to import multiple items at once, you best make use of the Add items in bulk feature that is available from the Create Inventory dropdown menu:
In the Add items in bulk window, click on Import Library and then Import from CSV (top right side):
Drag and drop your inventory file in the window or click on Browse to select the file from your computer. Once the file name is showing, you can click on “Next”.
Note: This window is still a preview and no items have been imported into NearMint at this point.
Delimiter: This can either be “,” or “;” depending on the file that you import. In the first step, leave either one and then change it if the file is not showing correctly.
The next step is matching your column headers:
From the dropdown menu select the “field name” that should match your column and leave any on “Column skipped” that you don’t want to import from your CSV file.
Once you selected the right field names for your columns and you’re ready to upload the items, click on “Import”.
That’s it! A new inventory "queue" table is now created for you. There might still be a few things you need to do before you can move the items to your inventory and start selling them. See the next chapter for more information.
Once the items have been uploaded, matched and imported to the inventory queue table, you are only a few clicks away from moving these items over to your inventory.
This is what you should do:
- Check if you’re items have been matched to the Discogs database so that they can be listed for sale. The easiest way to do is, is to check the Match Status column. Here you will see that some items get Auto-Matched and others still need to be matched (indicated as Matches found):
Note: You best start working your way through the unmatched items by filtering the Match Status field:
- To match an item, open the Match details window by simply clicking on it. Here you will be given an overview of possible matches:
Note: If an item has a blue button next to it, this item is already in your inventory.
- Click on “Match” next to the item you want to add to the inventory. Then go to the Item Details tab, double check if all information is filled in correctly and hit “Save” or “Save & Move to inventory”:
There's some more features that you can use in this table:
Adding or removing columns
- Add a column to your inventory queue table: You can do that by opening the dropdown menu next to Column and select any details you would like to add:
If you would like to remove any column, simply click on the Column name and it will disappear from your table:
Bulk updating items
- Items on your Inventory queue table can be bulk updated and/or edited the same way as items in your inventory. You can learn more about it here:
Are all items matched and you’re ready to make some money? You’re only one step away: Moving the items from the inventory queue to the inventory is the next thing to do:
- Select the items (you can select all by ticking the box on the top left and then "Select all items on all pages”) and then click on Move to Inventory:
Note: Please remember that items can only be moved to the inventory as long as they have an item status (active or inactive), price, media condition and release ID.