Midsummer sale, Black Friday or Christmas might just be some of the reasons why you want to run a promotion or discount on your online record shop.
The following document will walk you through the most important steps you need to take when running a promotion on your Discogs shop, managing your inventory through NearMint.
1) Add A Promo Text Template
- From the Account dropdown menu select ’Templates’, then click on Add Template and select Promotional Text template for the promotion:
2) Change The Prices Of The Interested Items
- Use the Advanced Search on the inventory page to locate the items you would like to include in the promotion.
- Select all items, and if you have more than 1 page of results, make sure to select ‘All on all pages’.
- Click ’Set Price’, set it to the new prices, for example -20% and click ‘update prices’. Keep in mind that with large amounts of items this can take a few minutes.
Once the update is completed, you should see all selected items get a blue status, meaning they need syncing in order for the changes to go live on Discogs.
3) Adding The Promotional Text To Your Listings
- If you cleared the search, search again for all items you want to include in the promotion, or simply click on the blue number top right to find all unsynced items.
- Select all again and click ’Set Details’. From there, select ’Set Promo message’ and from the dropdown select the promotion template you just created.
- Pro tip: To easily find all these items again after the promotion ends, it’s best to also add a tag to all items. After the promo ends, you can use this tag in advanced search, increase the prices again and remove the promo text and re-sync.
- Hit ‘Edit Items’ and all items will be updated with the promo text in the public comment and the inventory tag.
Once that is all done, or whenever you want the new prices to go live, hit the Sync button and sync all changes to Discogs.
All prices and texts will be updated for all promo items, and they will also re-appear in people’s wantlists, but won’t be removed from existing carts.
That's all! Do you still have questions? Contact us directly and we'll be happy to help!